Ever wondered how to choose a health insurance plan for you and your family, or your last health insurance plan failed on the time of action and a stupid looking agent from the health insurance company declining your medical claim saying indirectly’ Sir you’ve been fooled’. well many people go for health insurance plans these days but yet they dont get the fully satisfying cover. the reason remains the same lack of knowledge. one should be fully aware of what exactly he is getting covered for. you should go for as many choices and options as you can, it will help you to get the best deals.
Following are some tips that will guide you on choosing your health plan:
1. Do some research work – There are two major different types of health plans available.
a. HMO – Health maintenance Organisation, under this only the young generation is served that too upto certain limits, therefore this plan provides only few limited covers like physician visits.
b. POS – A Point-Of-Service Plan, in thisplan one gets covered unrestrictly, and gives you full medical cover.
2. Clear your doubts – People often get confused when it comes to the calculation part therefore to there rescue a lot of websites and online calculators are provided so that you can determine your health plan value easily.
3. Estimate the cost – You have to set a budget and decide accordingly the kind of health plan you would need, by keeping in mind your coverage needs.
4. Choose your Favorite Doctor – You have to be sure wether the doctor you prefer every time you are sick is in your health plan providers network.
5. Keep Yourself Aware – You should be aware about wether the health plan you are going for will cover the preexisting conditions, and if it dosent then switch your plan or add new features to your plan that are suitable to your present conditions.
6. Be wise – Always go for fully covered health plan as soon as you reach your late 30’s this will help you to take the best deals in time.