Sales is not an easy job to manage as you have to meet new people everyday and literally sell them a product they don’t need. It’s not an everyday job and not everyone can handle it with excellence, you need some special skills to pull off a sale to a person whom you never met.
Skills you need as a Sales person
- You need to have a cheerful personality and good communication skills to explain about your product. People would prefer buying product from a person with bright personality rather than a person who looks like he is visiting a funeral.
- Convincing power is needed to make the customer believe about what you are saying because a customer will not buy the product unless he believes in it.
- Tell your customers why they need to buy your product and not any other product which is available in market.
- Give special discounts and offers to your customers, this will help you in selling more.
- Make sure you maintain proper hygiene. No one would like to entertain a smelly person or a guy with dirty shirt or torn shoes. So, dress formally and wear a tie and don’t forget to be a gentleman.
- Be polite to your customers. Sometimes people may try to shoo you off but you need to be agitated, keep your cool and reply them politely and take the criticism.
- You need to remember the fact that not every customer you meet is going to buy the product. Only few will agree to ask you to tell them about your product and very few of those people are going to buy it.