In today’s world, where everything is about the right presentation, one has to be well-versed with the essential points that can help an individual/organization leave an impression.
Business, personal, social- presentation is vital for every aspect since by the way of effective presentation, one can win hearts or climb up the corporate ladder.
The act of presenting some information in front of an audience is known as a presentation. In the earlier days, presentations were only given by the way of lectures or seminars; however, with the advent of technology presentations have got a new flavor with Power point. Sounds, Animations, Colored Texts- all can be entailed in the presentation by using the power point.
Some of the thumb rules, which should be considered by a presenter before making a presentation that can ensure the presentation to be effective, are as following:
- Topic/scope of the presentation – The presenter should meticulously decide on the scope of the presentation and zero down on a specific topic. The topic should aptly introduce which genre it is pertaining to. Whether the presentation is about a product for a client or about the latest sales figures, or about the introduction of a new idea. The span should be extremely concrete.
- Target audience – After the topic of the presentation, the second vital factor to consider is the target audience of the presentation. Depending on the target audience, information shall be collected. Presenting the right information to the right audience is one of the key factors for an effective presentation.
- In depth knowledge / information of the topic of presentation- While gathering data for the presentation, it should be kept in mind that the presenter should do the homework properly. Accurate facts and figures with all the relevant data should be incorporated in the presentation in order to make it effective.
- Proper Layout of the matter – Keep It Shot and Simple, the KISS Rule should always be kept in mind while creating the layout for the presentation. Accurate facts, catchy lines, and appropriate use of graphics, sounds and animations can make the presentation extremely attractive. It would also ensure that the audience is gripped.
- Sequence /Order of Slides – One of the most important factors is that the presentation should follow a proper sequence or order. In the absence of a proper sequence, the audience may not understand it, thereby making the presentation ineffective.
- Concrete Conclusion- Any presentation can only be deemed as a good one if it has the correct sum-up or the conclusion. The conclusion of the presentation should provide the target audience the complete gist of the topic.
Keeping in mind the above pointers can ensure that the presentation is an effective one and would also leave an indelible mark on the minds of the audience.
Thus, an effective presentation is the only way by which one can ensure the desired results.