When it comes to a job interview, first impression is the last impression. You get only one shot to prove your worth and show them how you are better than the rest, so make sure you don’t spoil your chances by making common interview mistakes.
- Never go unprepared – The first thing a person should never do on a job interview is going unprepared, as it gives a very unprofessional impression. One has a lot of time before an interview in which you should prepare yourself for the question n answer round and should also learn about the company you have applied for. By knowing company’s progress details and future projects is a great way to give you an extra edge over other competitors.
- Dress smartly – If you are amongst those who think they look good in whatever they wear and can go on an interview in casuals then think again. In a job interview your first expression is the last expression and obviously your first impression will be your attire. Thus it makes it very important for an interviewee to dress in a formal fashion.
- Don’t Act Dumb – To excel in an interview one must always be smart enough to face all the questions of the interviewer, so never ever give any silly answer as it will ruin your interview for sure.
- Don’t be a chatter box – Never talk too much in your job interview.
- Never lie – Just to sell yourself to the company don’t fake things out, as you can be caught so be true towards the company and the interviewer regarding your past works and achievements.
- Don’t get personal – Even if your interviewer drags you towards the personal question and answer direction, try to ignore or start a new and much interesting topic that distracts him, or answer in a very formal manner.
- Never bitch about your ex-boss – Bad mouthing about your previous employee gives a very bad and unprofessional impression. So never say anything bad about your boss or colleagues instead say, that “I am looking for a much better scope and a powerful company like yours” as a little buttering would not do any harm.
Interviews can be excelled if you avoid doing the things which are prohibited or make you look like a douche bag. Think smart, act smart, and look smart the TAL phenomenon to excel any interview.